Volleyball New Zealand is supporting Child Safeguarding Week, 4-10 September 2022
VNZ acknowledges that:
- Every child has the right to be in a safe environment and to be heard by an adult trained in child protection, and supported by them
- Every child has the right to be in a safe environment, wherever that is, without fear of abuse
- Every child has the right to be heard by an adult trained in child protection, and supported by them
- Organisations working with children must always have staff available who are trained to recognise and respond to signs and disclosures of abuse
- Individuals who work with young children in any capacity must have training in recognising and responding to signs and disclosures of abuse
- Child abuse is preventable
- Our children need to be protected from abuse and neglect everywhere they go.
Parents and caregivers have high levels of concern, expectation and trust in organisations to keep their children safe. However, there is a disconnect between their expectations and the actions that organisations take to ensure children are safe. This webinar will introduce you to the core elements of a child safe organisation and the steps an organisation can take to make their places safer for children. You will be guided to the development work your organisation needs to make to move forward on this journey.
Click here to access the webinar.
Visit www.childsafeguardingweek.org.nz for more information