Volleyball Bay of Plenty have recently established a new and ambitious Strategic Plan and now seek applications for the position of General Manager.
The board of VBOP are excited to begin this strategic period by establishing a leadership position to oversee the fulfilment of our organisation purpose, and the attainment of our vision & strategic outcomes.
The ‘General Manager’ position is full time (40hrs p/w) and fixed-term for 12 months – with the intention from the board to make this permanent if VBOP grows operations & sustainable revenue.
In the first 12 months, the role will be focussed on:
- Increasing revenue to support the extension of the GM position & grow VBOPs’ capacity in general
- Organising, enhancing & delivering existing events & competitions (both indoor & beach) over the summer months
- Exploring & establishing new volleyball opportunities across the BOP
Depending on the success of the preferred candidate to achieve these, in the long-term the GM will remove themselves from the responsibility of delivering events/competitions and elevate themselves to focus purely on management & leadership tasks.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can provide leadership to take our association to the next level
- Has a combination of both event/competitions management & leadership capability
- Is self-motivated to drive growth & increase standards across the region
- Has extremely strong relationship management abilities
The position can be home based with office space & support available at the Sport Bay of Plenty Sports Houses in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatane.
Click here for a copy of the job description.
If you believe you have the skills and attributes to succeed in this important role please apply in writing, by emailing your CV and a cover letter to Debra
Applications close Friday June 10th 5pm.
Ideal start date – 1st July 2022