Volleyball New Zealand is pleased to confirm the revised scheduling of the 2022 National Volleyball League as October 27-30 in Auckland.
Following postponement earlier in the year due to scheduled international team activity, the competition will now be delivered over one four-day period at the Auckland University of Technology Recreation Centre – North Shore Campus.
Volleyball New Zealand CEO Toni-Maree Carnie acknowledged the patience shown by the community while the rescheduled dates and details were confirmed.
“It’s been challenging to juggle venue availability and other factors as we have worked to confirm the reschedule of the 2022 competition,” Carnie said.
“As we originally communicated, we are firmly committed to the NVL for 2022 and we’re excited to have the revised schedule locked in so everyone can now look forward with certainty to the second edition of the competition.”
With venue availability and timing now confirmed, VNZ have also been working to finalise coaches for the teams. We are excited to confirm the following coach appointments for the 2022 National Volleyball League:
- Northern Moana: Lauren Fleury (Head Coach), Richard Casutt (Assistant Coach)
- Midlands Te Wairoa: Andrew Kilham (Head Coach), Claire Stewart (Assistant Coach)
- Central Hauwhenua: Brendan Crichton (Head Coach), Adam Watson (Assistant Coach)
- Southern Pounamu: Mary Edmondson (Head Coach), George Koria (Assistant Coach)
- Northern Moana: Neil Anderson (Head Coach), Alex Mariano (Assistant Coach)
- Midlands Te Wairoa: Keith Kincaid (Head Coach), Vahid Fanipour (Assistant Coach)
- Central Hauwhenua: Colin Redpath (Head Coach), Ben Laing (Assistant Coach)
- Southern Pounamu: Sebastian Gonzalez (Head Coach), Andy Campbell (Assistant Coach)
Updated Player Expression of Interest
With confirmation of the updated competition timing, VNZ is now restarting the Express of Interest (EOI) process to establish the pool players available for inclusion in the recruitment and draft process which will follow soon.
For those players who completed the initial EOI and are available for the new dates, there is no need to re-complete the EOI form below. Simply email Susan Blundell-Dorrington to confirm your availability and your data will be kept from the initial form.
For those who may have missed the initial EOI process or are now available due to the new timing of the competition, please complete the survey form linked below to record your information.
The deadline for confirmation of your availability and/or completion of the survey is Thursday 30 June.
Please note cost per player is still being confirmed for the revised four-day competition block but it will not exceed the originally communicated figure of approximately $300.