Volleyball New Zealand is seeking applications for Junior Men's and Women's Head Coach and Development Coach roles for the 2022-2024 cycle.
The following positions are available:
- New Zealand Junior Men’s Head Coach
- New Zealand Junior Men’s Development Coaches
- New Zealand Junior Women’s Head Coach
- New Zealand Junior Women’s Development Coaches
The voluntary roles report to the VNZ Performance Manager and run from 2022-2024 with a 2-year extension option.
Volleyball New Zealand (VNZ) is a National Sporting Organisation committed to leading, developing and supporting volleyball across New Zealand. Our vision is for an athlete identification and development system that underpins our NZL Performance programme, creating a pathway to our High-Performance teams, competing on World, Asian and Oceania stages. Our National Team Coaches are intrusted to drive that vision.
Purpose of the Role - New Zealand Junior Head Coach
The NZL Junior Head Coach is charged with leading and implementing a training and performance programme for the Junior Indoor Programme (athletes born between 1 Jan 2005 and 31 December 2006). The Coach will also be considered “Head Coach” of the national programme and work with appointed Development Coaches to implement the VNZ Athlete Development and High-Performance Strategy, with the outcome of leading and contributing to an athlete development pathway that inspires, and is manageable and sustainable.
Purpose of the Role - New Zealand Junior Development Coach
The NZL Junior Development Coaches will support the Junior Programme with implementing a training and performance programme lead by the NZL Junior Head Coach. The Junior Development Coach will also be considered “Head Coach” of a Development Team and work with other appointed coaches to implement the VNZ Athlete Development and High-Performance Strategy across all levels, with the outcome of leading and contributing to an athlete development pathway that inspires and is manageable and sustainable.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrates an ability to meet competing demands through effective prioritisation around athlete development in performance environments
- Proven and effective leadership and communication skills including a capacity to liaise with a wide range of people
- Outstanding technical knowledge of individual and team principles including techniques, tactics, coaching trends, and international developments for Volleyball
- Strong understanding and demonstration of a growth mindset
- Demonstrates an ability to understand and support an athletes’ well being
Successful coaches will lead the Junior Programme for the next two-year cycle. The Junior Men’s and Women’s Programmes will be targeting possible events including Trans-Tasman series, Australian Junior Volleyball Championship (AJVC), and Asian Junior Championships in 2003/2024.
Coaches will need be aware of the following dates:
- Junior South Island Trials – 2-3 October 2022, Christchurch
- Junior North Island Trials – 5-6 October 2022, Hamilton
- Squad Camp following New Zealand Secondary School Nationals – 2-3 April 2023
- Competition window – July School Holidays 2023
- Trials for 2024 Asian Champs– October 2023
- Squad Camp following New Zealand Secondary School Nationals 2024
- Competition Window - May – August 2024
To be considered, please send a cover letter (including the position(s) you would like to apply for, and a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline noted below. Applicants are also expected to provide the contacts for two referees upon request.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 16 September.