Volleyball New Zealand are pleased to announce trial dates for the Junior Men’s and Women’s Indoor teams for the next two-year cycle of the programme.
These trials are associated with the next two-year cycle for all athletes born between 2005 and 2006. This age group will be targeting possible events including Trans-Tasman series, Australian Junior State Champs (AJVC), and Asian Junior Championships in 2024.
Trial Location and Times (Please note the following times are different for each trial due to gym availability)
South Island Trial
Dates: October 2-3
Venue: Selwyn Sports Centre: 70 Broadlands Drive, Rolleston 7614
- Sunday 2nd October: 11am-1pm and 2:45pm-4:30pm
- Monday 3 October: 11am-1pm and 3:30pm – 6pm
- Sunday 2 October: 9am – 11am and 1pm – 2:45pm
- Monday 3 October: 9am – 11am and 1pm – 3:30pm
North Island Trial
Dates: October 6-7
Venue: The Peak, 60 Kimbrae Drive, Rototuna North, Hamilton 3281
Junior Women and Junior Men - October 6-7: 9:30am – 4:30pm
- $140 (including a Volleyball NZ tee for females and singlet for male)
- Transport, food, and accommodation will be at the athletes expense
To be eligible to trial and be available for selection, athletes will need to
- Be born between 1 January 2005 and 31 December 2006
- Have New Zealand as their Federation of Origin (FIVB)
- Hold a NZ Passport or have NZ citizenship
- Be a registered member of Volleyball NZ
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions
To register, please click here.
Registration closes Friday 23 September, 5pm
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any eligibility or registration questions
2022-2024 Programme Plans
- October 2022 – National Team Trials to select a NZ Junior Indoor Squad
- April 1-2, 2023 – NZ Junior Squads will assemble following NZSS where teams will be selected for 2023
- July 2023 – NZ Junior Teams will compete in possible events – Trans-Tasman Series, AJVC, Internal Competition
- October 2023 – Trials for Asian Champs 2024
- April 2024 – Camps in preparation for Asian Championships and Development Team opportunities.
Q: The last Junior Women’s programme included athletes born in 2005, why is this trial not for athletes born in 2006 and 2007?
A: Due to changes made by the FIVB and Asian Volleyball - age regulations for the Junior Women’s age group have changed to be the same as the Junior Men’s (athletes born on or thereafter 2005). Volleyball NZ have subsequently followed this change.
Q: Can I attend either trial to be considered?
A: Yes, these trials were set up to accommodate athletes around the country. Athletes may attend either depending on their availability or preference.
Q: I can only attend one day is that ok?
A: Yes, we understand other commitments may prevent you from attending both days. However full payment will still be required.
Q: I can’t attend any trials; can I still be eligible for the Junior Programme?
A: Yes, however this won’t allow selectors to see you in comparison to other athletes. If you can’t attend and still wish to be considered for the Junior Programme, you will need to contact email@example.com