Volleyball New Zealand are pleased to announce trial dates for the Junior Men’s and Women’s Beach programmes for all athletes born between 2005 and 2006. This age group will be targeting possible events including Youth Commonwealth Games, Asian Champs, and possible tours to Australia and the Pacific.
2022-2024 Programme Plans
- October 2022 – Open National Team Trials to select a NZ U19 Beach Squad. Members of this squad will form the Campaign group for 2023 International Competition.
- December 2022 – NZ U19 Campaign Squads will assemble for a training camp - Harbour Beach Volleyball Centre (TBC). Athletes not selected will be able to attend U19 Development Camp alongside the Next Gen Programme.
- 2023 - Selections for Youth Commonwealth Games and other international competitions
Location and Times
(Please note the following times are different for each trial due to coach/court availability)
South Island Trial
- Under 19 Women - 4th October 2022 - Pioneer Sand Courts
- Under 19 Men - 28th October (Strength and Conditioning Testing) and 29th October (Sand Sessions) October 2022 - Pioneer Sand Courts
North Island Trial:
- Under 19 Women - 2nd October 2022 - Harbour Beach Volleyball Centre
- Under 19 Men - 29th October (Strength and Conditioning Testing) and 30th October 2022 (Sand Sessions)- Harbour Beach Volleyball Centre
- Transport, food, and accommodation will be at the athletes expense
To be eligible to trial and be available for selection. athletes will need to:
- Be born between 1 January 2005 and 31 December 2006
- Have New Zealand as their Federation of Origin (FIVB)
- Hold a NZ Passport or have NZ citizenship
- Be a registered member of Volleyball NZ
To register, please click here.
Registration closes Friday 23 September, 5pm
Please contact email@example.com for any eligibility or registration questions
Q: Can I attend either trial to be considered?
A: Yes, these trials were set up to accommodate athletes around the country. Athletes may attend either depending on their availability or preference.
Q: I can only attend one day is that ok?
A: Yes, we understand other commitments may prevent you from attending both days. Athletes will need to still pay the full trial fee.
Q: I can’t attend any trials; can I still be eligible for the Under 19 Beach Programme?
A: Yes, however this won’t allow selectors to see you in comparison to other athletes. If you can’t attend, you will need to contact Men’s Coach Warren Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org - or Women’s Coach Fiona Scrimshaw - email@example.com or Women’s Coach firstname.lastname@example.org