Click here for all the key information and resources for the VNZ 2022 Club Championships
Dates: Wednesday 12 October - Saturday 15 October 2022
Meeting: Tuesday 11 October - TPB Arena Suite (2nd floor)
- Preliminary Inquiry: 5:00pm - 6:45pm - Compulsory Team Sign In
- Technical Meetings: 7:00pm -7:30 pm
- Referee Meeting: 7:30pm - 8:00 pm
Entry Fees, payment and player information
Team list registration: 19 Sept - 5 October (Wednesday)
Player Loan window: 19 Sept - 30 Sept. (Fri)
Last day of Zone League: 25 Sept. (all results sent to VNZ by 26 Sept - Monday)
Club Transfer Information
1. If you are a player and want to transfer to a different club, fill out the CLUB TRANSFER FORM below before playing in any Zone League games. Your transfer must be complete before playing in Club Champs.Players are not allowed to move clubs once the ZL starts.
2. Players can represent only one club throughout the Zone League and the same club for Club Championships.
3. Division 1 Clubs can loan ("borrow") a player from a different club that does not qualify for Division 1 via Club Loan. Teams that do not qualify for Division 1 can also loan players from other teams. Please fill in the CLUB LOAN FORM below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org Loaned players are still considered members of their original club and do not need to fill in a transfer form.
1. Player must Fill in the Club Transfer Form below. The Club you are currently under (Old Club) will be notified by the automated system to Approve or Decline the Transfer Request.
2. If the Old Club declines, contact the Club and ask what needs to be settled in order to transfer. Once ready to transfer, fill the Club Transfer Form again so the Old Club will once again received the Approve/ Decline email.
3. Once the Old Club approves, the Regional Association of the Old Club has to approve the transfer as well. The player will then be notified if both transfers have been approved.
4. Alternately, you can check the VNZ Club Champs webpage for the updated transfers.
International Transfer Certificate
If you are an International Player playing for a Club in New Zealand or your Federation of Origin is not New Zealand (Federation/country where you first played organised volleyball competitions like school, local club, etc.), players must apply for an International Transfer Certificate. An ITC is needed to play outside the Federation of Origin regardless of the level of the League. Transfer window via VIS will open August 2022.
1. Contact the Club (NZ) you are going to play for and ask them to initiate a transfer via the Volleyball Information System (VIS). If clubs do not remember their VIS login and password, please contact Fabi at email@example.com
2. The Club (NZ) then has to ask your Club overseas if they can release you from your old Club or ask the National Federation to approve your transfer.
3. If you do not have a VIS profile, please contact your National Federation (Federation of Origin) to create a profile for you and let your NZ Club know so they can initiate the transfer.
Conditions of Participation
The Club Volleyball Zone League (ZL) provides an opportunity for Clubs to qualify for the NZ Club Championships and for new Clubs to play in a competitive environment.
The Zone League runs from July to September. Clubs must play in the Zone where most of the players reside or where their Club is registered. Each Zone (Northern, Midlands, Central and Southern Zone) forms a committee and selects a Zone Coordinator who liaise with and report to VNZ.
Northern: Northland, North Harbour, Manukau Auckland, West East Central Auckland
Midlands: Bay of Plenty, Waikato
Central: Hawkes Bay, Taranaki, Manawatu, Wellington
Southern: Tasman, Canterbury, Aoraki, Otago, Southland